Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Saturday, October 15, 2016

Finding Out of Print Books

Annie asked me for help finding a book that is out of print:
There is a book, now out of print, that traces my family history back centuries.  It's called the Stapletons of Drom. Do you have a resource for finding such books, long out of print?
Annie, the first thing I do is search Google books. Then I try WorldCat

Trying WorldCat I found 11 Libraries that have this book. Since I don't know where you live, you will need to go to WorldCat and type in your postal or zip code.

If you want to purchase a copy, Amazon has it

Good luck

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your help. I'd love to purchase a copy, but when I check Amazon, it says no copy available. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place on their site. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you are not seeing what I see on Amazon, I'm willing to bet that you did not click on the link I provided. I just checked and the book is listed as available. In fact there are two used editions listed as available for purchase

    ReplyDelete