Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Relationship Calculator

Cynthia asked
"If Abigail Sherman married my 8th granduncle, and her brother was Jeff's 8th great grandfather, what does that make me to Jeff?"

Olive Tree Answer: I had to write to Cynthia to ask if she meant Abigail married her 8th GREAT grand-uncle (because what she first wrote did not make sense to me) She replied with
"Yes. She married Daniel Lockwood who is my 8th great granduncle. Her brother Isaac Sherwood is Jeff's 8th great grandfather."
NOW it makes sense!

Jeff and Cynthia have no blood relationship. Daniel (Cynthia's 8th great uncle) is the husband of Jeff's 8th Great Aunt Abigail.

No comments:

Post a Comment