Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Monday, September 7, 2009

Where to get help with German Genealogy translations

Doug asked:
Who can help me find information on relatives that lived in Germany. I have names and addresses but need help. Where to write and interpret German.

Olive Tree Answer: Hello Doug, FamilySearch.org has a German Genealogical Word List. You might also want to try The German Letter Writing Guide and a German to English translation service I've never used this service and am just providing a suggestion, not a recommendation of their work.

1 comment:

  1. I can try to help you, if you would like. I am not a professional genealogist but I am and American, fluent in German and live on the border, on the Swiss side. I will not charge you anything, since I am not a professional, but have traced my family back to the 1500's.

    triple_m@bluewin.ch
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete