Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Finding an Ancestor in 1851 Agricultural Census Canada

Susan had a question about the 1851 Agricultural Census for Ontario Canada
I recieved an answer from you on May 24, 2011 about John Edmondson. Thank you! I have another question. I can't seem to get to the 1851 agricultural census. Every time I try all I get is the regular 1851 census.

Hi Susan -

Go to Ancestry.com

Type in your ancestor's name as John edm*ds*n (using the wildcards allows for mispellings)

Keyword: Perth


Collection Priority: Only Canadian Records


Choose CENSUS when the results are shown. 

See the two hits for 1851 census? The first is the personal census, the second is the Agricultural census



No comments:

Post a Comment