Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Monday, April 12, 2010

Tip: Give Details When Asking for Help

John asked
I found my grandfather’s and great uncle’s registration cards online. One says at the end of page 2 “OK Dept of Justice Special Agent JM Hopper”. Do you have any idea what this means? The other one, my grandfather’s doe not have this.

Olive Tree Answer: Dear John,

Unfortunately you did not indicate a country (USA? Canada? England? Some other country?) and thus I don't know whether "OK" refers to the state Oklahoma or the word "Okay" or is an abbreviation for something else specific to whatever country this is in.

If you wish to respond you can either comment here on the AskOliveTree blog or you can write to my email askolivetree @ gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment