Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Monday, February 15, 2010

Rescuing old photo albums that are not my family heirlooms

Sally asked
I found a photo on your website under the Fowler-Merchant Family Photo Album. It is identified as "#11 F Maloney Hewitt". Can you tell me any more about this person? My great-grandmother was Mary Jane Hewitt and she married Stephen Maloney. The time frame is about right. I have a photo of her as an older woman, and it looks like it could be a younger version of her.

OLIVE TREE ANSWER: Dear Sally, I guess I didn't make it clear on Lost Faces that I know nothing of the individuals in the photo albums I collect other than what is written on the photos. They are not my families, I simply try to rescue these albums and put them online in hopes a descendant will find them.

I research the families to try to establish relationships between identified indviduals, but I have no further details about each person other then what you see online. I hope you can determine if photo #11 is the woman you seek!

No comments:

Post a Comment