Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Response to Question: What Does CWF Mean in 1851 Canada Census

Posted by Lisa in Ontario Canada Genealogy I set up on GenealogyWise. I answered Lisa and decided to publish my response here too as I think it may help others

In the 1851 Census of Ontario, my ggg father is listed being born in CW which I know is Canada West. But what does CWF mean?

Reply by Lorine McGinnis Schulze
There is an "F" used in the 1851 census in the birth place column but it refers to the person being born of Canadian parents. So if you see CW F it means born in Canada West of Canadian parents.

See Questions Asked on 1851 Canadian Census for more help

No comments:

Post a Comment