Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Sunday, November 15, 2009

Looking for a Civil War Soldier's Death

Elizabeth's Question:
Perhaps you could help me. My great-great-grandfather was George Backman a Civil War soldier. The family farm was in Palmer in Pennsylvania but I can't find him there. I know that he was living after 1880 but I loose [sic] track of him after that. His daughter married a Wilson (my line)


Olive Tree Answer: Dear Elizabeth - There is an obituary in the AccessPA necrology database for a George Bachman of Easton Pennsylvania, which mentions a daughter Mrs James Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment