Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post

Monday, March 29, 2010

Clearing up Confusion re Canadian Naturalization Records after 1854

Danielle asked
I tried to access info regarding naturalization in Canada for the 1854-1917 period. I don't seem to understand how to go about that.
Thank you in advance for your help

OLIVE TREE ANSWER: Hello Danielle. I'm not sure where you tried to access naturalization information for Canada 1854-1917. Was it on my Canadian Naturalization Records part of website?

I see where the confusion lies. I did not make it clear that you must read the right hand column titled "Finding Naturalization Records". Scroll down in that column to the text which begins "Requests for copies of naturalization/citizenship records should be mailed to: "

Follow the instructions given and you will be on your way to requesting a search of post 1854 records!

No comments:

Post a Comment