Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Thursday, May 14, 2009

Answering Question about Photos of People on Postcards from England

Diane asked:
I have a picture that was taken in England I am guessing around the late 1890's or early 1900's. We have been told it is of my husband's great grandmother. On the back of the picture it has postcard written on it. I am wondering if they made postcards out of personal photos to send to family on other countries.

Hi Diane. How wonderful that you have this photo! Yes, it was quite common for photos to be imprinted as a postcard in England during that time period. I have several postcards with photos of my English great grandmothers and my great grandpa's brother, which they sent to their grandchildren in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment