Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post

Friday, February 27, 2009

Getting the full 1871 Canadian Census Record

PG wrote to ask:
I have found an ancestor living Nissouri East Twp., Oxford County, Ontario.Is there any way one could find out what other family members resided with him?

hi PG. The short answer is "Yes". You can get the filmed census at a local FHC or you can order a copy of the page your ancestor is on, from LAC (Library & Archives Canada)

See then look for the year (1871) The link for ordering the census page with the full family details is found there. LAC does not charge very much for this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment