Viewing Tip

If you see a large "X" at the top right of Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog, click on the "X" to close it. Closing the "X" will give you the best viewing experience and allow you to leave a comment on a blog post



Thursday, February 19, 2009

Military Records in United Kingdom

Beryle asked:
I am trying t o find my husbands aunt and her husband . All I have ais the marriage certificate and a few rumours in the family. They were married in 139 in Portsmouth UK he was a bombardier in the royal artillery there ia a story he was Amercan or Canadian and they went back afer the war . I have checked the war deaths I have tried the shipping recordsI have a army number on the certificate it is W893646 there could be another number after the W but I am not sure.There name is Walter and Barbara Wright she was Constant before her marriage.

Olive Tree Answer: Hello Beryle, If you have not yet checked Documents Online at The National Archives I urge you to do so.

DocumentsOnline allows you online access to The National Archives' collection of digitised public records, including academic and family history sources. It is free of charge. There are many WW1 and WW2 records there. Walter's military records should give his place and date of birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment